And Love Her Myself [Free Write]

 


I supposed you'd arrive like the feathers do:
Surprising, warm
Laced with a memory and sealed with a 'hello again.'
Like whispers left in a seashell
on the world's longest beach
that I might stumble upon it.
As someone who would walk so far as to discover it,
As only I would perservere,
As only I would face the uncertain tides and merely keep walking
barefoot, on cold sand,
in bracing wind
through all that rained down on me.
I would find the whispers in the shell,
hold it to my ear
then grasp it to me like a precious jewel
before placing it in my pocket to continue on without you anyway.
As the whisper was enough,
as the feathers spoke to me without words,
As the non-needer of certainty I would continue to excel,
Hopeful.
Joy-fuelled somewhere in the future of my battered life.
No. No. No.
I'll take the feather for my cap,
The shell for my crown
and the whispers for a past person,
who was reborn.



Comments

Popular Posts